8 BENEFITS OF HAZELNUTS
HAZELNUTS: BENEFITS, PROPERTIES AND USES
Do you eat hazelnuts but don't know its properties and benefits in detail? We will explain the best benefits that you can derive from the moderate and daily use of this dried fruit and how you can use them.
Hazelnuts are the ripe seeds of Corylus avellana , a tall fruit tree initially present in Asia Minor. In Italy they are mainly grown in Sicily, Lazio, Piedmont and Campania.
Small but protein and a source of energy, hazelnuts are rich in nutrients and bring numerous benefits, both to the skin and to health. In the kitchen they can be used in many ways, from breakfast to dinner: as a topping for smoothie bowls or yogurt bowls, in spreadable cream , in energy bars, in sweets or eaten savory.
PROPERTY'Hazelnuts, like dried fruit in general, are a very energetic food. Although they are very caloric, 100 grams of these fruits bring 670 kcal, their consumption not only brings many benefits to the entire body, but it is also useful for maintaining a healthy weight as it is not a food that makes you fat if consumed in the right doses.
Hazelnuts are also:
- Rich in good fatty acids, minerals, fibers and proteins
- Sources of oleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid and palmitic acid and are cholesterol free
- Rich in vitamins including vitamin E, C, B and K.
- Source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, copper, magnesium and manganese.
- Of all dried fruit, they are the richest in a specific class of polyphenols (called proanthocyanidins) which help the body fight aging. They also contain phytosterols, very useful for preventing cardiovascular diseases
BENEFITS OF HAZELNUTS
Small, full of properties, hazelnuts are a food that brings many benefits to the body. They are considered an exceptional food from a nutritional point of view.
1. REDUCE THE RISK OF TUMOR OR CANCER
Among the benefits of hazelnuts is the reduction of the risk of cancer , thanks to the high presence of vitamin E in it. The daily use (at least 5 portions a week) of dried fruit is able to prevent the formation of tumors, especially those related to the digestive system, or cancer.
2. THEY PROMOTE THE WELL-BEING OF THE CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM
Thanks to the presence of unsaturated fatty acids and phytosterols, rich in antioxidants, hazelnuts can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by 29% if taken daily and in moderation.
3. THEY HELP LOWER CHOLESTEROL
A diet rich in hazelnuts is able to decrease the levels of "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and raise the levels of "good" cholesterol (HDL). This is possible thanks to the presence of oleic acid in it, an ally of "good" cholesterol
4. IT HAS ANTIOXIDANT PROPERTIES
Thanks to the high concentration of healthy fats inside and the high presence of vitamin E, hazelnuts have an antioxidant function, helping to relieve and prevent inflammatory disorders of both the cardiovascular system and the body in general, and inflammatory disorders. Vitamin E is also useful for preventing aging.
5. LOW GLYCEMIC INDEX, THEY ARE IDEAL FOR DIABETIC
Thanks to the amount of protein, good fats and fibers that modulate blood sugar, hazelnuts are ideal for improving blood sugar levels. Characterized by a low glycemic index, equal to 25, they do not cause glycemic peaks and reduce the risk of diabetes onset. Hazelnuts are therefore a perfect food for diabetics as they can also lower glycemic values, improve blood sugar levels and insulin sensitivity.
6. THEY PRESERVE BONES
Due to the high content of minerals such as calcium, phosphorus and potassium, hazelnuts are useful as an energy source to recharge the muscles after training or physical effort in general. In addition, they preserve bone health, strengthening them.
7. INTESTINY ALLIES
Rich in fibre, hazelnuts are a food capable of facilitating digestion by stimulating the intestine by regulating its functions and improving intestinal transit, therefore they are ideal in case of constipation.
8. WEIGHT CONTROLDried fruit and therefore also hazelnuts increase the sense of satiety and can help reduce excess weight. If consumed daily, in the right quantities they can be included in slimming diets and should, in any case, always be present in the diet of each of us .
HOW TO EAT THEM
The recommended daily dose is around 30 grams and should be strictly respected, otherwise they could lead to weight gain. Above all, it is better to consume them in the morning to provide energy for the day, rather than in the evening when they are more difficult to burn and dispose of.
Rich in properties and benefits, hazelnuts are the main ingredient of the Femme Fatale . Only organic hazelnuts are used to have a healthy and natural cream.
Hazelnuts are present in the Chocolate Lover Granola , to make your breakfast or snack a source of energy.