5 IDEAL FOODS FOR BREAKFAST BEFORE YOGA
THE PERFECT BREAKFAST BEFORE A DAY OF YOGA
If you too don't know whether to have breakfast before a yoga class, or what to eat to have the right energy, now we will clarify your doubts!To eat or not to eat breakfast before yoga? Have breakfast ! It is important to have breakfast before doing yoga but it would be better to have it in advance!
Therefore, based on the time you have available, you can choose between a more complete breakfast , to be eaten approximately up to 1 hour before class, or an energy snack to be eaten up to 20 minutes before yoga to have the right energy.
Why have breakfast? Because the body reacts better to physical and mental stimuli when hydrated with foods rich in vitamins. There are foods that do not disturb the practice of yoga: they are simple to digest and give the right amount of extra nutrients and energy without weighing you down and without risking blood sugar drops.
Keep the amount of food you eat under control (a full breakfast but don't overdo it) and make the appropriate breakfast adjustments based on your body.
FULL BREAKFAST TO DO BEFORE YOGA
Let's find out the ideal energy foods to take before practicing yoga. If you have more time on your hands and prefer a light but complete breakfast, here are the foods that are suitable:1. YOGURT WITH GRANOLA
A bowl with Greek yogurt and granola is the ideal breakfast to have the right amount of nutrients and proteins to face the yoga class. Greek yogurt is rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals. Being protein, it is suitable before yoga class and any physical activity.
Granola, whether Original or Chocolate Lover , is high in fiber, protein, good fats, and free of refined sugars. Granola gives that touch of crunchiness and deliciousness to start the day with energy and flavour.
2. OATS with DRIED FRUIT
3. AVOCADO TOAST
Oats (in the " overnight " or instant version ) are an excellent solution, as they release energy gradually during the lesson and also at the end of it.
The combination of carbohydrates (oats) and proteins (e.g. nuts) make for the perfect pre-yoga breakfast pair. A small dose of red fruits or strawberries can make everything more delicious.
As dried fruit you can choose between almonds or walnuts, and pumpkin or chia seeds, because they provide immediate energy. Almonds , for example, contain potassium, magnesium and vitamins E, help to stay hydrated by providing the energy needed by the muscles and maintain a sense of satiety.
This savory breakfast is perfect for getting the right amount of nutrients before class. Avocado is one of the most recommended fruits for yoga: it is a concentrate of nutrients without weighing you down.
It contains large quantities of magnesium and potassium which contribute to the functions of muscles and cells, it is rich in minerals useful for the correct functioning of the body, it also appeases hunger and maintains satiety for hours.
The fats contained in avocados are good fats, which help keep bad cholesterol levels low and are good for muscle development.
Fruit in general takes 30 to 60 minutes to digest. However, it is considered the ideal food to prepare the body for yoga activities: rich in water and nutrients including antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Raisins and prunes are rich in vitamins and minerals and provide energy.
- Apples are considered one of the ideal pre-yoga foods because they are high in fiber and water.
- The pear is another ideal pre-yoga fruit, with very low levels of acidity, rich in fiber and water, it is a very satiating food.
- Rich in potassium, bananas are an ideal fruit to consume before a yoga class or any physical activity. Potassium keeps the body well investigated, magnesium on the other hand helps and prevent cramps. Banana is also rich in minerals that help muscles relax and work well, it helps blood circulation and therefore improves oxygenation.
- Dried apricots provide a lot of sugars and avoid refluxes during yoga practice.
5. SMOOTHIE BOWL
The also deal to hydrate the tissues, as they contain antioxidants and vitamins . Smoothies are very satiating and rich in fiber and vitamins.
Smoothies are a valid option because they are light and not heavy, because they are absorbed very quickly allowing the stomach to be free.
Some smoothie recipes: with berries , green smoothie with spinach and avocado or with spinach and orange , banana smoothie .
SNACK BEFORE YOGA
In case you don't have enough time to have a full breakfast, it is preferable to have a small snack so that you don't have an empty stomach and have the right energy. You can choose between:
- DARK CHOCOLATE: A little dark chocolate without going overboard is ideal because it helps control blood sugar levels and increase blood flow to the brain.
Eating it before class brings a lot of energy and improves concentration: it contains tryptophan, a substance that stimulates the production of serotonin, capable of improving mood and positive sensations, and caffeine which stimulates and awakens.
- RAW COCOA BEANS: for chocolate lovers this snack is ideal pre-yoga because it is rich in magnesium, a source of energy and helps to increase blood flow to the brain.
- 1 BANANA : It's a great pre-yoga snack because it keeps the body hydrated and is rich in potassium, which helps avoid cramps.
It is therefore highly advisable to have breakfast before a yoga class, but you have to take into account the time available.
Arriving at full classes would make some movements difficult in which the stomach may not react well, arriving on an empty stomach instead would make the lesson difficult because you do not have nutrients and energy to face yoga.
Yoga is not only meditation, relaxation but also cardio training movements, so fill up on energy before a class!