HEALTHY AND LIGHT SUMMER SNACKS: BENEFITS AND RECIPES
BENEFITS OF SNACKS AND IDEAS FOR HEALTHY AND LIGHT SUMMER SNACKS
Do you have a snack or do you tend to skip it? The snack is a fundamental meal of the day, even if many people skip it, it is important to know why it is a meal in all respects and what benefits it brings to our body.
BENEFITS OF SNACK
Snacking during the summer can bring numerous health and well-being benefits. During this hot season, our body struggles to carry out its usual activities normally and requires a greater intake of nutrients to maintain the necessary energy and hydration. Here are some of the benefits of snacking in summer:
- Hydration : By choosing fresh foods like fruits and vegetables, you can get an important source of hydration. Watermelon, melon, pineapple, peaches, all summer fruit, sweet and tasty, are rich in water, which helps keep the body hydrated in the hot months.
- Consistent energy : Snacking regularly helps maintain a stable energy level throughout the day. By choosing healthy and balanced foods such as yogurt or a mix of dried fruit, you can avoid sudden changes in blood sugar, which can lead to sudden drops in energy. Therefore it is important to prefer foods without refined sugars, which release energy gradually without having glycemic peaks.
Essential Nutrients : Summer snacks can be an opportunity to introduce a variety of essential nutrients into your diet. Try to eat a snack that contains all the necessary nutrients, including carbohydrates, fiber and protein especially before a workout. By choosing the right combination of foods you can ensure an adequate supply of nutrients needed by the body to carry out normal functions.
- Weight control : Snacking healthily can help control your weight during the summer. Opting for light, nutritious snacks instead of high-calorie, unhealthy foods can help maintain an adequate energy balance and prevent weight gain.
- Satiety : Consuming a balanced snack can help reduce the risk of binge eating during main meals. A healthy, fiber-rich snack can help maintain the feeling of satiety and avoid food overload on subsequent occasions, without arriving at dinner with a hole in the stomach which can lead to eating more and badly.
- Mental concentration : An adequate snack can improve concentration and cognitive functions. For example, foods like walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids that are beneficial for brain health. Eating healthy snacks can help maintain mental clarity and improve performance during summer activities.
Pleasantness : Snacking is also an opportunity to enjoy food and spend time outdoors or in company. You can organize picnics with friends or family, enjoy homemade ice cream or create fruit smoothies.
HEALTHY AND LIGHT SUMMER SNACK IDEASThere are many possibilities for eating healthy and light snacks in summer, which are nutritious and balanced and capable of recharging the body with the right energy.
Here are some ideas for a healthy and light snack that you can enjoy during the summer:
- Fruit smoothie: The smoothie is a good, nutritious and refreshing snack, perfect in summer. We offer you a version with spinach, avocado and blueberries , and a sweet version with strawberry and coconut . You can add a little honey or chia seeds to increase the sweetness and fiber content.
- Yogurt bowl with cereals and fresh fruit : this snack is also perfect for slimming diets because it contains all the essential nutrients. Cut some seasonal fruit such as watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches, cherries or blueberries. They are rich in water, vitamins and antioxidants, and will help you hydrate during hot days. Add cereals rich in fiber, and perfect for a diet , such as granola . Choose natural yogurt , especially protein-rich Greek yogurt.
- Summer porridge : to be prepared in advance and left in the fridge, for a snack rich in nutrients and fresh. Oats bring numerous benefits and are a fundamental food for both breakfast and snacks.
- Avocado toast : Avocado toast is an excellent protein snack for a pre-workout.
Healthy chocolate salami : a healthy and tasty version of the classic dessert
- Chickpea puree : if you love savory foods, this is a quick and healthy snack to prepare when you're on the run.
- Nuts and seeds : Grab a handful of almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds for a nutritious snack full of healthy fats. Discover these chocolate covered almonds for lovers of the sweet-savory mix. Enjoy it with freshly squeezed orange juice or sugar-free fruit juice.
Homemade ice cream : we offer you a vegan version with pistachio for intensely hot days, a delicious and healthy snack. Make a light but still tasty version of the classic Magnum , vegan recipe.
- Chocolate covered blueberries : a simple and tasty snack to prepare.
- Protein or energy balls : perfect before or post workout. We offer you carrot energy balls . Also a chocolate version with coco almond chocolate balls for chocolate lovers.
- Yogurt parfait bars : a light and nutritious snack perfect in summer because they are fresh and delicious.
Snacking during the summer offers a number of benefits, including hydration, supply of essential nutrients, weight control and improved cognitive function. Remember that the important thing is to choose fresh, natural and unprocessed foods for a healthy and light snack.
Choose foods without refined sugars because foods that contain refined sugars bloat you and do not fill you up. Experiment with different combinations and enjoy the pleasure of a tasty and nutritious snack during the summer.