GRANOLA ON A DIET: BENEFITS AND HOW TO USE IT
GRANOLA: CEREALS TO EAT ON A DIET
Granola is also increasingly used in Italy, for breakfast, snack or dessert and is becoming a daily ingredient in the diet of many Italians. The breakfast habits of many Italians are changing, as they usually prefer the classic breakfast with a croissant .
Not only because it is a delicious food, but above all because it represents one of the healthiest, most nutritious and energetic breakfasts you can have.
But can you also eat on a diet ? Let's find out together what the benefits and properties of granola are and how to use it.
GRANOLA OR MUESLI
Very often granola and granola are considered the same thing , but in reality granola and granola are different in taste and preparation method. Muesli is a mixture of cereals, dried or dehydrated fruit and/or seeds, which is consumed naturally, while granola is the tastiest evolution of the same ingredients.
The granola is crunchier because the oats are cooked in the oven with coconut oil. To prepare granola, oat flakes are basically used, to which dried fruit can be added to taste, including walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts to be coarsely chopped, as well as dehydrated fruit such as raisins, cranberries or apricots and seeds, such as seeds. sunflower or chia seeds . Everything will be wrapped in oil, sweetener and cooked in the oven to toast it and increase its crunchiness.
BECAUSE GRANOLA IS GOOD
Let's start by saying that granola is a food suitable for everyone, adults and children of all ages and particularly suitable for those who suffer from intolerances or are on a diet. But be careful! Not all granolas are good for a diet, it is important to choose a granola without refined sugars and low in sugar.
Granola represents an exceptional food thanks to its highly complete nutritional composition. It is rich in slow-release carbohydrates, protein, fiber and good fats, along with a large amount of essential nutrients. Consuming it regularly will guarantee a complete contribution to face life with energy and vitality.
- Fights tiredness and fatigue : provides slow-release energy throughout the day which helps you stay charged for many hours without feeling weighed down. It is also an excellent remedy in case of stress
- Protects the liver thanks to amino acids
- Strengthens immune defenses
- Being rich in minerals, it influences the correct functioning of the thyroid and fights hyperthyroidism in a natural way.
- Strengthens bones , thanks to the presence of calcium
- Eating sugar-free granola helps regulate blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Multivitamin supplement that improves the health of skin, nails and hair
It is perfect as a food to consume on a diet because:
- Contains oats , a cereal rich in fibre, which helps and promotes the correct functioning of the intestine and protects it
- Prevents constipation
- It is satiating but does not weigh you down because it releases energy slowly. Therefore it is perfect for those who want to lose weight naturally. Although it is a very nutritious food, it is also suitable for those following a slimming diet thanks to its high fiber content and its ability to regulate sugar intake. Even those who are very thin can eat granola to gain mass in a healthy way.
- Those on a diet often experience this moment with suffering, sadness and stress because they are limited to eating certain things. Granola also helps in this aspect, improves mood and reduces anxiety, stress, nervousness or depression .
Another advantage of granola is that it can be eaten in many different combinations. On average, the recommended dose for breakfast is around 30-40 g per person, also based on your personal needs. Here are some ideas on how to consume it:
- for breakfast in milk
- in a yogurt bowl with fresh fruit, or as a parfait
- as a baking ingredient, such as granola biscuits or granola cookie dough bites
- on top of smoothie or in porridge
It can also be used in many snack preparations, to create an energetic mid-day snack or before a workout, such as parfait bars .
If you are looking for healthier alternatives for breakfast but without giving up taste and the right nutrients, there are many cereals including granola that allow you to have breakfasts and snacks on a diet and which bring benefits to the entire body. Especially towards summer, granola is perfect because it provides the right energy without weighing you down!