WHY EAT OATS? THE 6 BENEFITS FOR YOUR HEALTH
Why eat oats?
- Oats bring important benefits
- It is considered a food suitable not only for those looking for a healthy and balanced diet, but also for those looking for optimal performance, both physically, such as a sport, and mentally, reducing nervousness and stress.
Let's find out some of the benefits together :
1. OATS ARE RICH IN NUTRIENTS
On a nutritional level, oats are mostly composed of carbohydrates (60%) and represent one of the foods richest in vegetable proteins (16%) and good fats. It also stands out for its fiber content (9%). Compared to other cereals, it is a much more complete, healthy and nutritious food.
- Provides energy - Being mainly composed of complex carbohydrates, it has energizing effects on the body . Consuming oats for breakfast is the best way to start the day with energy and allow the body to recover faster in case of convalescence or stress.
- Supports vegetarians and vegans - Rich in proteins and amino acids, oats are a nutritious and rebalancing food for vegans and vegetarians as they are able to take on all the essential amino acids necessary for protein synthesis and, in particular, lysine, a substance present in large quantities significantly higher than other cereals.
2. IT IS A GREAT SOURCE OF ANTIOXIDANTS, VITAMINS AND MINERALSOats contain many vitamins and minerals including:
- Zinc - strengthens the immune system
- Phosphorus - contributes to the well-being of bones, teeth and memory
- Vitamin B1 and B5 - protect the nervous system
- Vitamin E - is an antioxidant compound that protects the body and prevents diseases such as cancer and atherosclerosis. Eating oats regularly is in fact a great way to protect our arteries from atherosclerosis.
Oats contain a high level of antioxidants. In particular polyphenols, which are plant compounds rich in avenanthramides. This natural product has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities.
3. HELPS MANAGE WEIGHT AND PROLONGES SATIETY
- Oats are rich in soluble fiber, which helps to quench the appetite and normalize body weight. You will feel full more quickly after eating it than with other foods. Fiber intake is valuable because it controls the amount of food and increases and prolongs the sense of satiety after a meal. It is considered an ideal food for those who follow a low-calorie diet.
- Oats fight hunger attacks and the hole in the stomach that you can have in the middle of the morning.
4. PROMOTES DIGESTION AND FIGHTS CONSTIPATION
Since oats also contain a good amount of insoluble fiber, they are an excellent ally of the stomach, intestines and the entire digestive system.
It is an easily digestible cereal , useful for those suffering from digestive disorders such as gastritis or colitis, while its high fiber content promotes intestinal regularity . The fibers present in oats, in fact, help bowel movements and absorb water from ingested liquids.
It also has diuretic and laxative properties , stimulates lazy bowels and helps prevent constipation.
5. IMPROVES SKINHow can oats help your skin? It's a panacea for your health and also for your beauty : oats are in fact able to nourish the skin and make it softer. Oats absorb excess oil on the skin and help treat acne.
Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties help treat dry skin and remove dead skin cells. Oats also contain compounds called saponins, which are natural cleansers: They remove dirt and oil that clog pores and exfoliate the skin.
Oats also have a positive effect on hair and nails:
- is able to strengthen hair
- magnesium, zinc and the B vitamins contained in oats make nails stronger and more stable.
6. IT IS AN EXCELLENT ALLY AGAINST CHOLESTEROL AND DIABETESEating oats can help lower blood sugar levels naturally, thanks to the high fiber content. The low glycemic index makes it a valuable food for diabetics .
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has declared that oats favor the reduction of cholesterol levels, therefore it is also useful in the prevention of heart disease , cardiovascular disease and stroke. To have a greater reduction of cholesterol, the intake of oat bran is recommended: this food is able to lower "harmful" cholesterol in a short time, thanks to a high water absorption.
HOW TO USE IT?
For all of its health benefits, we've made oats the star ingredient in our Original Granola and Chocolate Lover Granola . Healthy, nutritious and perfect for any preparation, it makes breakfast tasty for sweet or savory palates. It is the ideal ingredient for those looking for a healthy cuisine or following a low-calorie diet but don't want to give up on taste.
The versatility of oats allows you to consume them in different ways: instant oats, granola, granola, cookies, oatmeal or oat milk.
- Rolled oats are a more nutritious and lower calorie alternative to traditional processed and sugary breakfast cereals. They are ideal for a healthy, tasty and quickly prepared meal. Oat flakes can be boiled in milk or water.
- One of the most popular recipes based on oat flakes is porridge , which involves cooking them in water or milk. If they are left to rest overnight, the so-called " Overnight Oats or Overnight Porridge " are obtained. They have a creamy texture and are delicious.
- Protein pancakes are very loved by those who play sports. Based on egg whites and oatmeal (or instant oats) they are perfect for a light and nutritious breakfast without sacrificing taste.
It doesn't take much to create a delicious dish with oats, and since there are so many benefits it's really important to include it in your breakfast or snack. Help your health and beauty with its wonderful properties!