VEGAN BANANA BREAD
This classic vegan banana bread recipe is soft, healthy, and easy to make. Here is the full recipe:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 75g yacón syrup (or your favorite sweetener)
- 75ml melted coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 56ml oat milk (or almond milk)
- 210g wholemeal flour (or buckwheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts (or walnuts)
Step 1. Add the bananas to the bottom of a medium bowl and mash them well, add the remaining wet ingredients and mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. If you add the chocolate chips, stir them in once the dough is ready. Don't mix the batter too much.
Step 2. Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 5 pan, add the chopped hazelnuts and bake at 175°C for 40-50 minutes. Ovens are different, so use your best judgement. You can check doneness with a toothpick: if it comes out clean, it's ready.
Step 3. Let the banana bread cool, cut it into slices and enjoy.
I think the best way to enjoy your banana bread is to toast it for a few minutes, then top it with yogurt, homemade berry jam and, why not, a sprinkle of granola.