VEGAN PISTACHIO ICE CREAM
Creamy vegan pistachio ice cream. Soft and with a wonderful texture, it has all the pistachio flavor you could wish for - ideal for these hot days! The best part is, you don't need an ice cream machine.
- 1 cup canned whole cream of coconut cream (chill the can overnight and use only the thick, white part on top, discarding the liquid)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup 100% pistachio butter
- 1/2 cup yacon syrup (or maple syrup, honey, agave)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt if using unsalted pistachios
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios for topping
Step 1. In ice cube trays, pour the coconut cream and freeze for at least 2-3 hours (preferably overnight).
Step 2. In a high power food processor or blender, add the frozen coconut cubes, pistachio butter, yacon syrup, vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Blend until you get a homogeneous mixture.
Step 3. Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze for another 2 hours.
Step 4. Remove from freezer and top with chopped pistachios (if desired). Leave to defrost for 10-15 minutes at room temperature to soften everything.
Step 5. Enjoy your meal!