HOW TO MAKE A HEALTHY AND BALANCED BREAKFAST
So, for those looking for a more natural lifestyle and a healthier diet but don't want to give up on taste, how to structure a healthy and balanced but delicious breakfast at the same time ? And how can we avoid that mid-morning hole in the stomach that leads us to eat fatty and caloric snacks? You don't need to overeat to feel full but you need the right amount of nutrients to be full without going overboard. Here are 5 tips to follow to better structure a healthy and balanced breakfast:
1) FIND THE RIGHT BALANCE OF NUTRIENTS
A balanced breakfast must contain the right portions of all the main nutrients: proteins , carbohydrates , fats , fibers and vitamins . A healthy and balanced breakfast can consist of both sweet and savory foods, based on your preferences. As reported by the nutritional biologist Elisa Smania, the right healthy and balanced breakfast must contain:
- A SOURCE OF COMPLEX CARBOHYDRATES AND FIBER such as wholemeal bread, cereal bread and seeds; oat flakes or other cereals (with no added sugar); rice and grain cereals, legumes; wholemeal flours such as rice flour, spelt, corn and other cereals; fresh fruit and vegetables
- A SOURCE OF PROTEIN: whole milk, natural white yogurt, Greek yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese; egg; cheeses; lean cold cuts, smoked salmon
- A SOURCE OF GOOD FATS: nuts such as walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts; pumpkin, flax , chia seeds ; peanut butter, sesame paste; coconut oil, flaked or grated coconut, avocado
- We also add A SOURCE OF SIMPLE SUGARS, including fresh or dehydrated fruit; honey or brown sugar; jam
2) CHOOSE ORGANIC PRODUCTS
Eating organic means eating healthy and naturally : organic food is a daily choice that affects our health and the environment.
- Organic products have a high nutritional value , higher than that of products that are harvested in the traditional way. In organic products vitamin C and minerals are present in greater quantities: for example fruit and vegetables of organic origin are rich in antioxidants .
- Organic products are fresh and natural : organic farming produces products with raw materials generated without resorting to pesticides or chemical fertilizers or without resorting to product modifications (for example GMO fruit and vegetables).
3) CHOOSE PRODUCTS WITHOUT ADDED OR REFINED SUGARA healthy breakfast must consider sugars otherwise there is a risk of a glycemic peak, above all attention must be paid to hidden sugars (or added sugars ), often also included in cereals and breakfast foods.
Why be careful? Because sugar is dangerous for our body and consuming it can lead to heart and liver overload, metabolic problems and diabetes and increases cholesterol. Beware of fake health foods that contain high amounts of sugar, there are now many natural alternatives to refined sugar.
4) EAT FRUIT FOR BREAKFAST
Eating fruit for breakfast is good for you!
Rich in water, vitamins, such as vitamin C, mineral salts, such as potassium, and antioxidants, it is the perfect food to start the day, thanks to the energy boost provided by fructose. Supplement it with proteins and slow-absorbing carbohydrates for greater satiety. Choose seasonal fruit and accompany it with a yogurt and a handful of muesli or cereal, or together with pancakes or in porridge.
5) THE SECRET IS VARYING, TRY NEW COMBINATIONS EVERY DAYA healthy breakfast is not mediocre or boring. It's quite the opposite! You can vary by looking for the right combinations that make breakfast tasty and satisfying to eat, see and savour. Balance yourself according to the time you have available and choose to create new breakfasts every day: from yogurt to porridge, from pancakes to smoothie, from avocado toast to bread with spreadable cream. There are many ways to make a healthy breakfast tasty and complete, discover some of them !
Here's an idea for a healthy and light breakfast with our granola
Click here to read the recipe for this delicious, healthy, nutritious and balanced breakfast.
If good morning starts in the morning, set off in the right gear thanks to a healthy and tasty breakfast!