This pumpkin bread is a great old recipe, moist and spicy. The bread tastes even better the day after baking. It's easy to make and perfect for cold, gray days.
- ⅔ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- 4 eggs (or 4 flax eggs / or 50/50)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup milk of your choice (almond, oat)
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin spice blend (or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, and ½ teaspoon cloves)
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of white wholemeal or buckwheat flour
- Optional: 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 165 C and grease a 9x5 inch pan.
Step 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil and maple syrup with a whisk. Add the eggs (or vegan eggs) and beat until combined.
Step 3. Add pumpkin puree, milk, pumpkin spice, salt and beat to blend. Finally, stir in the flour and baking soda (and optional vanilla extract) until combined.
Step 4. Pour the batter into the greased pan and sprinkle lightly with pumpkin seeds.
Step 5. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully transfer it to a cooling rack for 20 minutes before slicing.
Step 6. Enjoy your meal!